Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Blog v. Wiki

Blog and wiki are social media systems. They similar but different. Blog is personal, it can only be edited by the one who created the blog, but wiki can be edited by many others who has the access to the wiki. In today's networked world, the importance of convergence is stated in the reading "Brooklyn Blog Helps Lead to Drug Raid" by Micheal Wilson. In this article, blogs helped the police to capture the illegal action, "The bloggers seemed to know, sometimes chronicling daily activities in detail" like this sentence, if people have shared their personal websites, they get to see posts and know what other people are interested in or doing. With this fact, blogs can be used in collaboration within bloggers where they provide information so that they can sometimes capture illegal situations. As technology improves tremendously day to day basis, I can definitely think of a new use for wiki that has not been done yet. In the reading, "More on How to Build Your Own Wiki" by Margaret Locher,discusses how to build my own wiki in creative and unique way. With the improved technology systems and my own creativity, I can think of a new use for wiki.

1 comment:

  1. Kaylee,

    I really like your post, but I have a question for you. You reference the article "Brooklyn Blog Helps Lead to Drug Raid" and the police use the blog to help capture criminals. My question to you is, Do you think that it is a violation of privacy made by law enforcement? If not, law enforcement has every right to look at everyones profile. I dont agree that they should do that because my account is private and I choose to share certain information with those that follow me. I dont know.. Thats just my two cents.. Otherwise , this was a great read.

    ReplyDelete